This privacy notice provides you with details of how I collect and process your personal data through your use of my site:
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Holly Carter T/A Carter Hair & Makeup (referred to as “I” or “me” in this privacy notice) is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data.
Full name of legal entity: Carter Hair and Makeup
Postal address: Carter Hair & Makeup, 39 Dunmow Road, Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire, CM23 5HE.
It is very important that the information I hold about you is accurate and up to date.
Please let me know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing me at:
WHAT DATA DO I COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUNDS I PROCESS IT
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
I may process the following categories of personal data about you:
• Communication Data. This includes any communication that you send to me whether that be through the contact form on my website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send me. I process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance, or defence of legal claims. My lawful grounds for this processing is my legitimate interest which in this case are to reply to communications sent to me, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
• Customer Data. This includes data relating to any services purchased such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your account details. I process this data to supply the services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. My lawful grounds for this processing is the performance of a contract between yourself and I and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
• User Data. This includes data about how you use my website and any data that you post for publication on my website. I process this data to operate my website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of my website, to maintain backups of my website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of my website or business. My lawful grounds for this processing is my legitimate interest which in this case is to enable me to properly administer my website and my business.
• Technical Data. This includes data about your use of my website such as your IP address, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on my website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use my website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access my website. The source of this data is from my analytics tracking system. I process this data to analyse your use of my website to administer and protect my business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of my advertising. My lawful grounds for this processing is my legitimate interests which in this case is to enable me to properly administer my website and my business and to grow my business and to decide my marketing strategy.
• Sensitive Data. I do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive Data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data.
I do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where I am required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide me with that data when requested, I may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver services to you). If you do not provide me with the requested data, I may have to cancel service you have purchased, but if I do, I will notify you at the time.
I will only use your personal data for the purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email me at email@example.com. In case I need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose I will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
I may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
I do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
HOW I COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
• Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers; and/or
• Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
I require all third parties to whom I transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. I only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with my instructions.
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Many of the third parties service providers are based outside the EEA so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever I transfer your personal data out of the EEA, I do my best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
• I will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
• Where I use certain service providers, I may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
• If I use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, I may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards are available, I may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
I have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. I also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on my instructions and they must keep it confidential.
I have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if I am legally required to.
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for I look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires me to keep basic information about my customers (including contact, identity, financial and transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances I may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case I may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email me at
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, I may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
I may need to request specific information from you to help me confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. I may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up my response.
I try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take me longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, I will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how I collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (https://ico.org.uk/). I would be grateful if you would contact me first if you do have a complaint so that I can try to resolve it for you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. I do not control these third-party websites and am not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave my website, I encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.